LiveWIRE Nigeria is a youth enterprise development programme supported by The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC). The programme operates in the Niger Delta region and aims to inspire, encourage and support young people aged 18-30 to start up their own businesses in the Nigerian states of Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Abia, Imo, and Akwa-Ibom.
Each year, Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria provides training and finance for young entrepreneurs in the Niger Delta to set up and grow their businesses. Shell LiveWIRE is a social investment programme that aims to help young Nigerians between the ages of 18 to 35 explore the option of starting their own business as a viable career option and thereby create employment.
you can also apply for Federal Ministry of Education Scholarship 2020/2021
Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria is the flagship of our youth enterprise development programmes. The initiative was launched in Nigeria on March 27, 2003, to provide access to entrepreneurship training, business development services as well as business start-up capital for youth-owned businesses. The programme also provides opportunity for beneficiaries to access fund from financial institutions. To date, 6,580 youths have been trained and 3373 have received business start-up grants. Most of whom are now employers of labour.
Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria provides opportunities for young people to realise their potentials through the creation and development of their own businesses.
The objectives for the LiveWIRE Programme in Nigeria are to;
- Provide intensive entrepreneurship training
- Raise business awareness amongst final year university students to encourage them to see starting a business as a valid career option.
- Support youths to discover and develop business ‘ideas’ through Bright Ideas workshops.
- Make available to youths, business planning and management guidelines and skills through the ‘Become A Successful Owner Manager Course’ (BSOM).
- Provide business start-up grant for candidates with the best business plan
- Run awards for best business plans, of which the prize gives access to micro-credit facilities, through third parties like banks, NGOs and allied financial institutions.
- Support young entrepreneurs to formalise their businesses
- Run an award for young people who have sustained a business for 1 to 3 years and continue the award on an annual basis.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for those who have completed the training course and decide to pursue starting their own business. Mentors can be drawn from oil and gas, banking, social voluntary sectors, etc.
- Provide opportunity for young people to participate in global award programmes
- Provides automatic membership of LiveWIRE alumni
How to apply for shell livewire programe
The LiveWIRE programme is widely advertised – intending participants / beneficiaries should watch out for the adverts in local newspapers, handbills and posters
Click here to Register for 2019 Shell Livewire Programme
for update on shell livewire and other programes/ job openings, kindly subscribe to our news letter updates via email
This post was published on September 11, 2019 11:20 am