The All On Hub Business Advisory Analyst role is an experienced level position with responsibility for providing business, functional, financial, communications, and strategic support to the selected All On Hub businesses. In this interesting and challenging role, you will make an impact by helping these selected energy access businesses effectively address their gaps and challenges and prepare them for scaling. Strong analytical, coordination, and communication skills are required.
- Business Advisory:
- Provide business, functional, finance, communications, and strategy support to the selected All On Hub businesses.
- Anticipate and identify risks and gaps for Hub supported businesses and develop plan to mitigate.
- Identify where additional support is required from contracted professional service providers and coordinate delivery of required services to the Hub supported businesses.
- Day-to-day coordination of the multi-discipline professional service providers, including finance, HR, commercial, communications, and other functional areas.
- Business Strategy and Capability Development:
- Work with the All On communications team to create the strategic narrative for the supported businesses as required.
- Co-lead development and delivery of the quarterly market update sessions for the All On Hub supported businesses.
- Support the All On Hub Investment Analyst and Hub Coordinator in preparation and delivery of quarterly investment readiness sessions.
- Project Management:
- Work closely with the All On Hub Coordinator to monitor progress on the Hub workplan within agreed budget and timeline.
- Coordinate activities ensuring workplan milestones are achieved and targets met.
- External Focus:
- Coordinate various challenge programs to select businesses to be supported by the Hub
- Maintain an externally informed perspective and commercial mindset on business opportunities and challenges and prioritize activities that deliver value for the All On Hub supported businesses
- Stakeholder management, influencing and relationship building skills
- Harness creativity of others and self to generate new approaches to solve highest priority problems
- Ability to solve a wide range of problems and issues arising in early stage businesses without being a subject-matter expert
- Getting work done through others
- Manage & support decision making with incomplete data or ambiguity at times
- Understand the sources of value (how businesses make money)
- Advanced written and oral communication skills,
- A minimum of 2nd class lower in business administration, accounting, finance, mathematics, strategy, communications, or economics from a reputable tertiary institution
- 3-5 years of Big 4 or consulting experience or prior incubation hub experience in the energy sector
- Experience in the energy access sector including working within an energy company – specifically businesses delivering decentralized renewable energy solutions (e.g. solar home systems and mini-grids) would be beneficial
- Track record of consistently delivering high-value work to meet business needs
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; able to prepare well laid out, easily understood analysis and presentations
- Ability to understand what our supported businesses need (immediate and long term) and focus on delivering innovative solutions
- Agile, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills which are used to achieve results by influencing and motivating others
- Able to articulate/ communicate information and adapts effectively to the audience. Communicate with clarity and confidence
- Experience of working in or with small businesses Nigeria
DEADLINE | 7TH OCTOBER 2019