Applicants are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy Direct short service commission (DSSC) course 27.
The guidelines for the enlistment can be accessed on the Nigerian Navy enlistment portal www.joinnigeriannavy.com which will be opened from 3rd October to 14 November 2019 for interested candidates to apply online.
GENERAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage in all fields.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
5. All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
6. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a compulsory requirement for enlistment.
7. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
8. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 20 February 2020. Except Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants who should not be more than 30 years and 40 years respectively.
9. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the
heads of their units.
10. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the aptitude test will be communicated via this website.
11. Applicants are to choose any of the following centers for the qualifying aptitude test:
a. Abuja Centre:
(1) Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
(2) Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks.
b. Bauchi Centre:
Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta Centre:
Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
d. Lagos Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
(2) Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
(2)AirForce Secondary School, 115 Special Operations Group, Air Force Base.
f. Sokoto Centre:
Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
12. Applicants are to appear for the Aptitude Test with the following:
a. Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
b. Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
The departments and entry requirements are listed below. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LIST OF AVAILABLE COURSES
14 November 2019.