The departments and entry requirements are listed below.
2. Seaman: BSc/HND in the following disciplines:
a. Nautical Sciences.
e. Forensic Sciences.
Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
3. Accounts and Budget:Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting/Banking and Finance. Membership of professional bodies like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
4. Chaplain: Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
a. Catholic Mission.
b. Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
5. Education:Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD Education in the following fields are also eligible:
a. English Language.
f. Bio chemistry.
i. Library Science (B.Sc).
j. Computer Science.
k. Guidance and Counseling.
l. French Language.
m. Chinese Language.
n. Arabic Language.
6. Engineering: B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
7. Human Resource Management:B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
a. Human Resources Management.
b. Personnel Management.
c. Public Administration.
Membership of National Institute of Management and other relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
8. Hydrography: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
d. Physical Oceanography.
Membership of National Institute of Statistics or proficiency in Computer Programming/Data Analysis would be an added advantage. Applicants with B.Sc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
9. Imam: BA/MA in Islamic Studies in the following:
a. Islamic Studies (Qira’at).
b. Islamic Studies (Hadith).
c. Islamic Studies (Jurisprudence).
d. Islamic Studies (Theology).
Diploma in Counseling Psychology will be an added advantage.
10. Information: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
a. Mass Communication.
c. Public Relations.
d. Printing Technology.
f. Television Production.
g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
11. Information and Communication Technology: B.Sc/B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualifications in:
a. Website Development and Management.
b. Networking and Network Administration.
c. Programming Multimedia and Software Development.
d. Server and Database Administration.
e. Information and Cyber Security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
12. Medical: The following medical fields with requisite entry qualifications are available:
a. Consultants: Must be a fellow of National
Postgraduate Medical College or West Africa College of Physicians or
Surgeons. Must possess current practicing license of the Medical and Dental
Council of Nigeria. Candidate’s age limit is 40 years by 20 February 2020.
b. General Doctors/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBBCh or
equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of
Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
c. Pharmacy:B.Pharm/Doctor Pharmacy degree and full
registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current
d. Medical Lab Science:Either a BMLS or AIMLS/
equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist
Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
e. Dental Therapist:HND Dental Therapy must possess
current professional practicing license.
f. Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography
with current practicing license.
g. Physiotherapy: B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor
of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical
Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a
current practicing license.
h. Optometry:Doctor of Optometry. Must be fully
registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of
Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
i. Medical Records/Health Information Management:
Minimum of BSc/HND required with current practicing license.
j. Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must
be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria with current practicing
k. Clinical Psychology: BSc/HND in Clinical
Psychology and Applied Psychology, with current practicing license.
l. Biomedical Engineer:BSc/HND in Biomedical
Engineering with current practicing license.
m. Public Health Officer:BSc/HND in either
Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be
fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registrations
Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
n. General Nursing/Midwives:B.NSc RN/RM with
current practicing license. Post basic qualification in any of the
following fields will be an added advantage:
(1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
(2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
(3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
(4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
(5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
m. Hospital Administration: BSc/HND HospitalAdministration with current practicing license.
13. Music:BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
14. Sports/PT:BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics and Health Education. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
15. Logistics: BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
a. Transport Management.
b. Economics, Business Management or Marketing.
d. Catering/Hospitality Management.
e. Civil Engineering.
f. Quantity Survey.
g. Structural Engineering.
h. Estate Surveyor and Valuers.
i. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
16. Legal Service: LLB and BL (Call to Bar Certificate and a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience required). LLM in International Maritime Law, International Law or Forensic Law is an added advantage.
This post was published on October 3, 2019 12:12 pm