If you’re a driven IT professional who has gained valuable experience in IT project management, business analysis, systems engineering, and software engineering, this is the chance to propel and develop your career.
Where you fit in
Information technology is critical to Shell’s businesses in Nigeria continuing to help meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. The IT function provides capabilities that continually improve the way our business is run and is focused on aligning and simplifying IT systems to increase customer satisfaction and business value. You’re going to be joining a team of talented IT and Digital professionals, who relish taking initiative, think innovatively, and ready to develop new skills to be successful in a dynamic multinational environment.
What are the roles?
We are looking for high-potential IT Project Managers, IT Business Analysts, Systems Engineers, and Software Engineers who will create huge impact to the growth of our business in Nigeria.
On a day-to-day basis, the IT Project Manager’s role is to plan, control, and execute a project or set of related projects to meet identified business needs and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills within the agreed parameters of cost, time, and quality. You will be handling small-to-medium projects with varied complexity and risks using agile principles, which will stretch your project management skills.
On the other hand, the IT Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying and documenting business needs of the customers and stakeholders and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. You will have the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business community. In addition, we aspire to a future where information and data is the new oil and you will bring to bear knowledge of best practices in information and data management in shaping the future of our business.
The Systems Engineer is end-to-end responsible for the operations of the landscapes and the delivery of the day-to-day E2E application or IT infrastructure services according to the agreed Service Levels and/or Operate Level Agreements. You are expected to drive incident/problem resolution by managing key operational activities such as configuration, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting. You will ensure that the regulatory and compliance controls are embedded in landscape operations and assist with evidence collection. In addition, you will be a pillar in the transition activities of enhancements and project solutions. The operations landscape you will be looking at includes enterprise business systems such as SAP ECC6 ERP, SAP Basis and many more industry specific systems.
Lastly, the Software Engineer will be entrusted of the delivery of software, which may include new development, configuration and installation of third-party packages, and software integration efforts. You will be part of every section of the software development lifecycle, including software and website design, development, programming, and software deployment for both the installation and decommissioning of software. In this role, you will be working closely with our highly skilled data scientists, business users, project managers, and engineers in achieving elegant IT solutions.
These roles will be based in Lagos and Port Harcourt.
What we need from you
We’re keen to hear from passionate professionals who have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail. You must have excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively translate business insights to our stakeholders. You’re someone who is innovative and thinks out-of-the-box to be able to quickly link technical solutions with business strategy. Ideally, you should have as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, minimum 2nd class lower
- Agile project delivery experience
- Professional certifications related to business analysis, project or programme management, systems and software engineering
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modelling
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience in development platforms such as HTML5 – Microsoft .Net, Microsoft .Net (Services and Windows), Linux, Java, Mobile Development (IOS), Mobile Development (Android), HTML5 – SAP Application Development, Service – SAP Application Development, COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf Software)
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ , Python or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 11g/12c or the latest version, Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016 or the latest version, and awareness of HANA Database, Sybase database, SAP Solution Manager, Linux/Windows/Scripting, and ITIL.
Job Expires: 21-Oct-2019