The Delta State University was established by the Delta State University Edict 1998 to encourage the advancement of learning through academic excellence, integrity and honesty in research; and meeting the human capital needs of the State, Nigeria and the world at large.
We seek to engage suitably qualified personnel for the under-listed vacant non-academic position below in the University:
Job Title: Director, Works and Services (CONUSS 15)
The Director of Works and Services shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the Department and performs such duties including acquisition, construction, supervision, maintenance of facilities and advising same on works and services related matters.
Qualification and Experience
- A good Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) Degree in any of Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University. Possession of M.Eng Degree is an added advantage.
- The applicant must be a registered member of professional bodies NSE, COREN
- Candidates must have spent eighteen (18) years post qualification experience with at least 10 years at Senior Management position, preferably in Works and Services Department of a reputable tertiary educational institution.
- Must be proficient in Computer/ICT operating skill and able to demonstrate same
- Should not be older than 60 years on resumption of duty
- Must be resourceful and should be able to develop linkages with external communities to support emerging needs of the University.
Terms and Condition of Service
The appointment is for one term of five (5) years only
Remuneration and benefits are as applicable in the Nigerian university system.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates must have their Applications typewritten and accompanied with a two-page statement of their vision and twenty-five (25) copies each of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae indicating the following:
- Full Names (Surname first)
- Date of Birth (indicating day, month and year)
- Marital Status
- State of origin
- Contact Address and Phone Number
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational and Professional Qualifications (including institution/awarding body and date obtained)
- Work Experience
- Present Position and Salary
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees. (Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the Registrar).
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Delta State University,
P.M.B. I, Abraka,